Session available at Colchester & Chelmsford
Trampolining is excellent for developing body awareness, co-ordination, balance and motor skills in a fun and safe environment.
Here at Jump Street we are open to all and welcome people with additional needs. We run support sessions at both our sites. These sessions are designed for children and adults over the age of 4 years old with additional needs. The timetable is available here.
Our support sessions are ideal for people with additional needs to enhance:
- Social interaction – calm and relaxing environment to socialise with carers, court marshals and other jumpers in the session
- Self-esteem and confidence – our marshals encourage and support all jumpers in their ability and skillset on trampolines
- Co-ordination and body awareness – our airbag allows customers to attempt new movements that they may not want to usually attempt on a standard trampoline. With our marshals help we motivate and encourage everyone with these moves
- Physical and mental wellbeing – although trampolining is fun, it is also a great form of exercise. It will help improve not only agility, balance, power, speed, co-ordination and strength, it also develops muscular endurance, flexibility and stamina.
There are limited places at our support sessions to allow plenty of space and keep noise levels low. At our Support Sessions, we turn down the volume, play calming music and provide a welcoming environment. We have extra staff available to assist during the Support Sessions. Attendees and their carers will be able to use all areas of the park during their session time although there is no formal teaching or guidance. We have disabled access at both sites, disabled toilets and internal lifts. However please be aware that we do not have access to a hoist at either site.
The session costs £8* per person which includes free admission for one carer per customer (for more information click here). There is also a charge of £1.95 for regulation non-slip socks which can be kept and reused.
You can check availability and book here and we recommend that you book ahead to avoid disappointment. You can also complete the waiver online to save time on arrival.
Please ensure you arrive 30 minutes ahead of your reserved time slot to leave time to stow your belongings and go through the safety briefing.
* Price applies to advance bookings only. Walk-in bookings will be subject to an additional £2.00 charge from 1st December 2018. Click here for more information.